I'm on a mission to start an #AdventureRevolution
The modern world has become too easy, too averse to challenge and too disconnected from nature. This is lack of living adventurously is having a negative effect on our physical and mental health.
I believe that adventure is a necessity of the human spirit. Adventure makes us happier and healthier, it teaches us to take challenges, to appreciate our wild places and each other and gives us moments of real joy. I’ve spent 24yrs taking groups into the wilderness and I've seen adventure change people’s lives, by fostering creativity, building confidence and giving inspiration
The #AdventureRevolution has started
In 2009 I established the non-profit Explorers Connect to make adventure accessible to all
So far we've
- encouraged over 30,000 ordinary people to discover a world of outdoor challenges.
- inspired 230,540 days of adventure
- raised £68,000 and recruited over 150 volunteers for youth adventure and conservation charities
- established the National Day of Adventure to raise awareness and increase participation Wild Night Out
- supported 2000 international expeditions with advice and team-mates
- run events attended by 13,000 like-minded people to meet face to face and inspire adventure
- shared dozens of inspirational stories highlighting the benefits of adventure to wellbeing
My Aim is
To inspire One Million Days of Adventure
To enable a generation to re-connect with adventure